new year is upon us, and I have a bold new reading challenge that I wish to share with you. As I am sure you have gathered from the title, I plan on reading one book every day during the new year. I thought that I would share with you the rules to this challenge as well as how you can follow along with my progress to see what is happening!
The rules for the challenge are simple:
- Over the course of 2021 I will read 365 books
- The average number of pages across all books will be at least 300
- Audiobooks and eBooks count, but pages will be recorded as either the format that I own (if I also own a physical copy) or the UK paperback.
- Graphic novels, manga and comics etc. have a page count of 1/2 their actual value to represent the reduced reading time.
- Kids’ books (pre teen/YA) have a page count of 3.4 their actual value to represent the reduced reading time that they have.
The aim for this challenge is to get me reading more, and to finally get my TBR down to zero (although I did halve it this year). If you would like to follow me on this challenge, you can click the link here to follow my progress.